1. Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department.
2. Provides the highest attainable standard of the medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
3. Initiates investigations which will confirm, establish or rule out diagnosis or benefit to the patient,
4. Refers patients to Consultant Family Medicine or appropriate specialist for opinion or treatment as deemed necessary.
5. Establishes a therapeutic relationship with patients/families in an effort to promote compliance and shared participation in a caring environment.
6. Follows up those patients with on-going or chronic illness or when a therapeutic response requires evaluation.
7. Carries out other clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant/Senior Registrar in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
8. Particpates in the teaching of staff assigned for training purposes.
9. Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
10. To acquire and maintain a valid certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
11. Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
12. To word towards completing his postgraduate training and passing the Final Part of the Saudi Board or Membership.
13. Attends the Continuing Medical Education Programme of the department
14. Participates in approved research projects.
15. Shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
16. Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
17. Pariticipates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
18. Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
1. Graduate from a recognised medical school.
2. Diploma or Master Degree in Family Medicine
3. For Diploma or Master Degree holder a minimum of two (2) years experience as a Senior House Officer in the specialty of Family Medicine.
4. For those who do not hold the Diploma or Masters Degree or equivalent qualification in Family Medicine. completion of three (3) years postgraduate vocational training in the field accompanied by a high recommendation from a previous medical head of department.
Please can you forward your CV for a review.