CSSD SPECIALIST, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and monitors steam and gas plasma sterilizers, washer-disinfectors, ultrasonic cleaners, heat sealers, biological test incubators and all other CSSD equipment.
- Sterilizes instruments from all units and departments, under the direction of the CSSD Supervisor.
- Distributes sterile supplies adequate for routine patient needs and for emergency requirements.
- Operates all other CSSD equipment by adhering to manufacturers’ instructions and departmental protocols.
- Processes and maintains sterile instruments and surgical sets by adhering to established standardization of sets and correct handling techniques.
- Understands principles and is competent in the use of specialized unit equipment including monitoring, troubleshooting, management and adjusting which are as follows:
- Water Disinfector
- Ultrasonic Washer Disinfector
- Drying Cabinet
- Steam Sterilizer
- Gas Plasma Sterilizer
- Steam Sterilizer Loading / Unloading Carts
- Biological Indicators Incubator
- Heat Sealing Machine
- Collects and distributes items to and from units in a timely manner and correct documents and reports any shortage problems.
- Inspects all instruments and devices to determine that they are in good working condition.
- Reports deficits, defects, losses, breakages, shortage and untoward incidents to the CSSD Supervisor.
- Must be willing to work scheduled duty hours, shifts, weekends, on-call and national holidays on rotation, as required.
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned by the Director of Nursing or designee within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Collaborative, able to work with all members of healthcare team in a manner that promotes and encourages each contribution towards achieving optimal patient, family and organizational goals.
- Practices within the Professional Code of Conduct.
- Other essential personal attributes include:
- Honest and Pleasant
PLEASE CAN YOU FORWARD YOUR CV FOR A REVIEW.