Infection Control Coordinator,Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages plans, organizes, coordinates, implements and evaluates a hospital wide infection control program in collaboration with the Infection Control Lead and Committee in order to improve the infection prevention and control practices within the hospital.
- In collaboration with the Infection Control Chairman and Committee to develop and monitor a process for collecting and analyzing Infection Control Data.
- Consult with the Infectious Disease Consultants in matters pertaining to clinical management of patients with Infectious Diseases.
- Develop and evaluate criteria for Health care associated infection to be used in surveillance activities.
- Analyze infection control data to evaluate and make recommendations regarding infection control practice.
- Evaluate the surveillance plan to assure the Infection Control Program is meeting the needs of the hospital.
- Evaluate the surveillance process to assure accuracy and consistency of reporting and evaluation.
- Identify and report epidemiological variations to the Infection Control Chairman and Committee and make recommendations to improve.
- Collaborate in the development of revision of infection control policies.
- Revise and review the infection control manual as appropriate, in conjunction with the infection control committee.
- Design special studies as indicated when pathogen display unusual trends.
- Initiate outbreak investigation and control measures in collaboration with the Infection Control Chairman.
- Ensure compliance with the Infection Control policies and procedures among hospital staff.
- Provide infection control orientation to new employees and coordinates the infection control education efforts of the department.
- Participate in Hospital Wide Performance Improvement activities.
- Ensure self motivation for continuous education.
- Follow all hospital related policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinating activities with visits on site and documentation daily, weekly, monthly with the following Committees:
- Current Registration License from the Country of Origin required.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) required.
- Leadership Skills
- Broad clinical and managerial experience
- Essential:Good communication skills and the ability to motivate staff at levels of the organization.
- Desirable:Computer skills, statistical analysis.
Microbiology/ Epidemiology/ Nursing/ Medical technology
PLEASE CAN YOU FORWARD YOUR FOR A REVIEW.