Intensive care specialist, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Duties and Responsibilities
Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules andRegulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is
- Responsible for the clinical care of critically i11 patients admitted to ICU according to generally accepted
- To communicate and cooperate with other medical staff and colleagues who have patients in ICU or wish to discuss other pertinent medical problems regarding patients in other areas of the
- To be in charge specifically of ventilatory, circulatory fluid and nutritional therapy concerning the patients in
- To participate in the evaluation of the patients who are possible candidates for ICU either as transfers from outside or within our
3.2. Participates in the administrative organisation of the ICU under the direction of the director of department and the Consultant in Charge of ICU, and takes part in the development of its rules and regulations, the standards of care and maintenance of its equipment (in conjunction with the Bio-engineering Department).
3.3. Carries out reviews and investigations on drugs, equipments, physiological and pharmacological matters relevant to Intensive Care, provides and/or takes part in advisory service to the hospital.
3.4. Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
3.5. Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the director of department/head of division and the Consultant in Charge of ICU in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
3.1 1. Participates in the forward planning , and further development of the department/division and the ICU.
3.12. Serves on hospital committees as requested.
3.13. Participates and/or actively supports approved research projects.
3.14. Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
Educates patients and/or families on matters relevant to the patient’s condition/s. Protects and upholds the rights of the patients and their families.
Participates in quality improvement and patient safety activities and attends quality improvement educational activities as appropriate.
- Adheres to infection control
- Maintains confidentiality at all
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, ski1ls and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical
- Self-motivated and with awareness of current trends in the
- Ability to work inamulti-cultural
- Ability to speak, write and read Arabic and
PLEASE CAN YOU FORWARD YOUR CV FOR A REVIEW.