Registrar – Accident & Emergency, Saudi Arabia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant/Senior Registrar in accordancewith individuallyapproved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care. (Total Quality Medicine Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Instructs and guides when necessaryjunior medical staff in the overall care of patients, supervises their performance/workand contributes to the training and teaching activities in the department/division.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to the continuing medical education.
- Attends the Continuing Medical Education Programme of the department/divisionn
- Works towards completing his post graduate training and passing the Final Part of his Board, Fellowshipor Membership.
- Participates in approved research project.
- Shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
- To acquire and maintain a valid certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated
- Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
- Graduate from a recognizedmedical university
- Master Degree, First Part of Saudi Board or equivalent qualification in Surgery or Medicine.
- Final Part of the Saudi Board in Medicineor Surgery.
- Three (3) years specialisedexperiencein Medicine or Surgery in a recognised center.
- Previous experience in EmergencyMedicine.
- Ability to assume greater responsibilityin matters of patient care.
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of a career in his chosen specialty.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacyto patient and staff alike.
- Ability to work in a multi-culturalenvironment.
- Ability to speak, write and read Arabic and English.
PLEASE CAN YOU FORWARD YOUR CV FOR A REVIEW.