Registrar – Cardiology, Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
2. Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
3. Carries out full range clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant/SeniorRegistrar in accordancewith individually approved clinical privileges.
4. Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
5. Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (Total Quality Management Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
6. Instructs and guides when necessary junior medical staff in the overall care of patients, supervises their performance/work and contributes to the training and teaching activities in the department/division.
7. Reports and discusses all unusual findings, complication or alterations in the management plan, with the Senior Registrar and Consultant.
8. Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to the continuing medical education.
9. Attends the Continuing Medical Education Programme of the department/division.
10. Works towards completinghis professional training in Adult Cardiology including diagnostics and therapeutic intervention
11. Participates in approved research projects
12. Shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues
13. To acquire and maintain a valid certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
14. Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness
15. Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated
16. Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities
- Graduate from a recognised medical school.
- Saudi Board or equivalent higher qualification in General Medicine.
- At least two (2) years recent professional experience in General Medicine in a recognized centre.
- Publications or presentations at international level.
- Ability to assume greater responsibility in matters of patient care.
- Commitment to learning and training in pursuance of a career in his chosen specialty.
- Ability to deal calmly, with tact and diplomacy to patient and staff alike.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
PLEASE CAN YOU FORWARD YOUR CV FOR A REVIEW.