Senior Registrar – Accident & Emergency, Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Abides by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range of clinical duties as assigned by the Director/Head of Accident & Emergency and the Consultant in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the on-call duties as required by the department/division.
- Teaches staff assigned for training purposes, and participates with the Director/Head of Accident & Emergency and the Consultant in planning a programme of career developmentfor trainees.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care. (Total Quality Medicine Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Fulfills the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to the continuing medical education.
- To maintain a valid certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support ( ACLS )
- Participates in and/or actively supports approved research projects.
- Deputises for the Consultant as required and shares workload in his specialty during the absence of his colleagues.
Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated
Performs other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
- Graduate from a recognized medical university
- Saudi Board or equivalent higher qualification in Emergency Medicine, General Surgery or General Medicine.
- Certificate in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- One (1) year specialised structured training in Emergency Medicine in a recognised centre after obtaining the higher qualification in Surgery or Medicine.
- Experience in research and teaching
- Ability to assume greater responsibility in matters of patient care.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to speak, write and read Arabic and English.
PLEASE CAN YOU FORWARD YOUR CV FOR A REVIEW.