Senior Registrar – ICU, Hafer Albaten, Saudi Arabia
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abides by the Medical Staff By Laws, Code of Medical Ethics, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff and those specific to the department/division.
- Provides the highest attainable standard of medical care for the patients for whom he/she is responsible.
- Carries out full range of clinical duties as assigned by the Consultant Intensivist/Consultant in Charge of the Intensive Care Unit in accordance with individually approved clinical privileges.
- Participates in the On-Call duties as required by the department/division.
- Participates in the improvement of quality of patient care (CQI & PS Programme, Quality Assessment Improvement Programme) as applicable.
- Fulfils the requirements of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties with regard to continuing medical education.
- To participate in the teaching and training programme of the ICU as assigned, and participates with the Consultant Intensivist/Consultant in Charge of the ICU and in planning a programme of career development for trainees.
- Participates in and/or actively supports approved research projects.
- Deputises for the Consultant as required and shares workload in his capacity during the absence of his colleagues.
- To be an instructor in Advanced Cardiac Life Support course (ACLS).
- Strives to improve his clinical expertise as well as standard of practice with regard to morbidity and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in the Major Disaster Plan of the hospital, as indicated.
- Performs other applicable tasks an duties assigned within the realm of his/her knowledge, skills and abilities, within the hospital and/or affiliated medical facilities.
- Self-motivated and with awareness of current trends in the field.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to speak, write and read Arabic and English.
Saudi Board or equivalent higher qualification Intensive Care Medicine
PLEASE CAN YOU FORWARD YOUR CV FOR A REVIEW.