We ask that you read this privacy promise carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and other organisations in the event you have a complaint.
Policies and Procedures Compliance
Please see the section on Your rights for more information.
You may also be interested in our:
- Training privacy promise
- Consultancy privacy promise
- Healthcare and Medical Supplier privacy promise
- Recruitment privacy promise
- Employee privacy promise
Dita Health & Social Consultancy Ltd (Trading As: Dita Consulting). In order that we can provide care and support services to the people we support we collect and use certain personal information about you.
Personal information means any information about you from which you can be identified, but it does not include information where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which applies in the United Kingdom and across the European Union, sets out our obligations to you and your rights in respect of how we manage your personal information.
As the ‘controller’ of your personal information, we will ensure that the personal information we hold about you is:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
If you have any questions about this privacy promise or would like further explanation as to how your personal information is managed then please contact us
FIND OUT MORE
Under the GDPR you have important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Promise is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure (i.e. deletion) of personal information concerning you, in certain situations. Please note that if you ask us to delete any of your personal information which we believe is necessary for us to comply with our contractual or legal obligations, we may no longer be able to provide care and support services to you.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.